Tips from weight loss management specialist Dr. Luiza Petre for going through the holiday season without the feared 7-8 lb weight gain
While never-ending temptations are anywhere, holiday celebrations and meals don’t have to hinder your good weight loss journey. Preparation is critical. Dr. Luiza Petre from MediWeightLoss shares the tips below:
- Never go to a vacation party hungry. This is a recipe for trouble. Make sure to each some healthy protein before the party to take of the cravings edge. When possible, know what is being catered to and write down what you intend to consume.
- Beware of the Cocktails. Alcohol and diet plans don’t go well side by side. Not only does it add calories, but it also lowers your inhibitions and unavoidably you wind up consuming more. Plan in advance to restrict yourself to no more than two drinks per event and have a full glass of water before the every drink.
- Politely say no to the food pushers. They all mean well, but food pushers, the people stating,” please take one more” or” I prepared this for you,” can be uncaring or unaware of your dieting needs. Don’t feel shy about sweetly saying no thank you. And if that fails, simply say: “I actually had one– it was relish!”
- Pay awareness to the people first and the food second. Make a point to circulate at vacation celebrations and catch up with friends and family. Try to stay away from the food counters, chips and other bites to eat when you are talking so that you aren’t tempted to eat mindlessly.
- Eat smaller amounts. The vacations are a time for unique recipes and likings. You don’t need to go cold turkey, you just need to take care of your intake so as not to completely hinder your weight loss works. Most restaurants portions are considerably larger than is necessary. Consider cutting down the dish in half right away and asking the waitress to put it in a container to go. Or suggest to divide an entrée with a friend. Or purchase from the starter list along with a nice big salad. Advance and conscious preparation is the secret to your success.
- Rock the dance Floor. Should you are dancing there is a good chance that you are not snacking or drinking. Therefore consider turning up the tunes and getting right in the center of the entertainment on the dance ground. The movement will burn as much as 400 calories in an hour and you will be the light of the party.
Party Without Regret
While the holiday season can be a very tough time of the year for weight watchers, there are practical ways to navigate time of year without paying the price with a big weight gain. You can certainly have fun and also stay on track.
About: Dr. Luiza Petre is a Cardiologist and medical director of three Medi-Weightloss ® clinics, a physician-supervised weight loss program. She resides and practices in New York.
Dr. Luiza Petre works at the following 3 locations: